Read our edit of the greatest gifts from central London to add sparkle and inspiration to your seasonal shopping.
With St James’s boutiques bursting with expert advice and artisan producers, there’s nowhere better to help you discover the ultimate Christmas gift. Whether you’re trying to spoil your in-laws, find the perfect gift for your partner or seeking out something for that family member who has everything, we’ve got something for you.
1. Turkish delight hot chocolate from Whittard of Chelsea: grab this limited edition flavour that will melt the heart of any Ice Queen. Or add a handful of marshmallows for an indulgent nightcap with the kids on Christmas Day. Price: £9
2. Signature HydraFacial at Sofitel St James’s: plan a pamper day at Sofitel St James’s spa where they can enjoy an invigorating facial from skincare experts, HydraFacial. Scrub away the stress of the year and be ready to face 2022 with renewed spirit. Price: £105
3. Hatchards green tote: support the oldest bookshop in London and treat the bibliophile in your life to a 100% cotton tote bag so they can always keep their current reads close. Price £4.99
4. One month’s pass with BIKEDROP: cheaper than a Zone 1-2 travelcard, help build healthy habits in 2022 with a month’s bike membership at BIKEDROP Piccadilly. Help them to keep safe cycling in central London and make the most of member benefits like free water, puncture repair and e-bike charging. £135
5. Christmas favourites from Berry Bros & Rudd: Christmas is for celebrating and this six-bottle case is an exceptional way to get the party started. Uncertain if they prefer red, white or fizz? Berry Bros’ expert selection will charm any oenophile or champagne lover. Price: £160
6. Annual membership to the ICA: treat culture vultures to a year of free access to all ICA events, exhibitions and more. Price: £240
7. Wool blend beanie from Christys’ Hats: pull this year’s Christmas present out of the bag with a snug chunky knit beanie in your choice of three neutral tones that will suit all occasions, across all seasons. Price: £39
For the person who is always cold, browse this season’s top winter coats for more ideas.
8. Binky Bunny mohair teddy bear from Aspinal of London: gift little ones with a potential lifelong friend this Christmas and help build a better world for them. With every product sold from its Woodland collection, Aspinal will plant a tree in partnership with the South Downs National Park Trust. Price: £85
9. Silk blend pyjama set from New & Lingwood: you can accomplish anything after a good night’s rest. Gift that special someone this sumptuous pyjama set and the best night’s sleep of their life. With several bold patterns to choose from, elevate a traditional Christmas gift and secure your place on Santa’s nice list. Price: £495
10. Gift card for Cubitts: described as suiting ‘the person with good taste, but poor vision’, Cubitt’s gift cards can be redeemed for their spectacles and sunglasses. A sensible gift perhaps, but not at all short-sighted.
11. Vault tent from Snow Peak: don’t let travel uncertainty get you down; get excited planning next year’s adventure together. Whether you’re an experienced camper or first timer, Snow Peak’s dependable range of equipment will see you through the seasons. Price £341
12. Fairisle jumper from Farlows: wrap up your Christmas shopping with this cosy Christmas classic. Price: £139