Whether you’re planning a romantic weekend away or looking for new date ideas, we’ll help you find the perfect match in central London.
The allure of the West End is timeless; there’s endless things to do for couples, with date ideas to suit all occasions. If you’re looking to impress your other half or a potential partner, our black book of romantic dates ranges from special gift ideas to arranging more thoughtful time together.
Plan a romantic walk in London
- St James’s heritage is visible around ever corner. Wander hand in hand through the neighbourhood, browsing boutique Princes Arcade and Piccadilly Arcade.
Our favourite romantic restaurants in London
- From authentic street food to fresh salads and morish seafood, escape to Italy for the evening and share stories and small plates at Cicchetti.
- Plan the ultimate romantic dinner at The Ritz. No matter the date, this iconic Michelin-starred London hotel delivers perfection on a plate every time.
- Whether you choose the sumptuous honey ice cream or creamy custard tart, order dessert with two spoons at Wild Honey St James’s.
Must-try intimate London bars
- The vaulted ceilings inside former champagne cellar, Davy’s St James’s, make for a memorable wining and dining experience.
- With seasonal cocktails and exquisite views across Trafalgar Square, the Rooftop at the Trafalgar is an ideal spot to make memories and capture picture-perfect moments together.
Upgrade your date night activities
- Plan an all singing all dancing date night in London with live performances at Quaglino’s.
Plan a couple’s weekend at London most romantic hotels
- Got an important question to ask? Let St James’s Hotel & Club take care of everything.
Romantic gift ideas
Looking for memorable Valentine’s Day gifts, an anniversary present or to simply treat your other half? Step into St James’s for gifts that are guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.
- Elevate a classic gift of chocolates with a sweet selection from chocolatier, Prestat in Princes Arcade.
- Add a personal touch with a monogrammed gift from Aspinal of London or find something tailored specially to them on Jermyn Street.
- Found your pair? End your date in matching pyjamas from Emma Willis.