Take a fresh look at what’s important to you
A new year can bring new pressure to adopt the ‘New Year, New You’ approach. Instead, let’s focus on realistic goals with our suggestions for how you can start 2022 in a positive way…
"I want to try to make more time for me"
Check in on how you’re doing and dedicate time to what makes you feel good:
- Look after your mental health with Coach London's wellbeing services including life coaching, psychotherapy and more.
- Members of The London Library have over one million books to choose from; settle in and flick through your selections in one of the grand reading rooms.
“I want to see more of my friends and family”
Make up for lost time and plan outings to remember with your nearest and dearest:
- Bring a little Danish hygge to your coffee catch up with friends at Ole & Steen.
- Appreciate good company and great service at one of London’s best afternoon teas.
- Rediscover your city together and hop on a Santander Cycle from Waterloo Place, St James’s Square or just off Haymarket.
"I want to explore more of London"
Be a tourist in your own city and make the most of what the capital has to offer. Cycle, walk and explore with the help of these brands:
- Commute regularly into London? Store your bike safely at BIKE-DROP Piccadilly or nearby Regent Street.
- Wander through London, the world’s first National Park City, with our top walking routes.
- Build your knowledge of London’s layout with panoramic views from Rooftop at The Trafalgar.
“I want to make more sustainable choices”
Put your energy into making positive changes for you and our planet:
- Standout with statement pieces from SIRPLUS. Tucked away in hidden gem Princes Arcade, this innovative menswear brand makes half its garments using surplus shirt fabric, and the rest are crafted using sustainable materials and techniques.
“I want to broaden my culinary horizons”
Whether you’re trying out a new recipe or ordering a delicious takeaway, let the old adage of ‘you are what you eat’ be a positive one in 2021:
- Shop in person or online at Fortnum & Mason’s incredible Food Hall and try tempting fancies and delicacies from London and beyond
- Take a seat at the Teppanyaki Counter at Ginza for a culinary tour of Japan.
- Book an online guided cheese masterclass, with a box of artisanal fromage, with Paxton & Whitfield.
“I want to experience more culture”
Let our experts guide you:
- Get a look at the work of old masters and contemporary art from around the world at the Royal Academy of Arts. Dust off your paintbrushes or learn a new skill with its series of short courses.
- Absorb new ideas with independent film, exhibitions and an inspiring programme of talks at the ICA.
- Sims Reed Gallery’s vast collection of rare books offer exciting opportunities for educational reading.
More ideas to add to our list? We’d love to hear from you; share your suggestions and goals for 2022 via @StJamesLondon.