With its enviable position on Jermyn Street, Francos London is one of the restaurants we can’t wait to return to. It’s not long now, but in the meantime, Head Chef Stefano Turconi has shared a spring recipe for you to try at home to help keep you inspired. Re-create that perfectly fresh taste of Francos from the comfort of your kitchen and then book a table for later too.
Francos Seared Scallops & Spring Vegetables
- 6 large hand dived scallops
- 200g frozen peas
- 30g broad beans - blanched and peeled
- 4 asparagus tips - cut in half
- 6 small fresh morel mushrooms - cut in half
- 1 chopped shallot
- 4 sage leaves
- 20g butter
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pea shoots
- Oil, salt & black pepper
1. Sauté the shallot and sage leaves with a teaspoon of olive oil until soft
2. Add 170g of peas and cook for 5 minutes
3. Mix together in a food processer
4. Melt the butter and combine with remaining vegetables & season
5. Remove vegetables and set aside, add the scallops seasoned with salt in the same pan
6. Cook the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side - dependant on their size
7. Spoon the pea purée onto the centre of the plate
8. Place the scallops on top of the purée
9. Top with the sautéed vegetables
10. Pour over balsamic vinegar add the pea shoots - & enjoy!
Feeling hungry? Explore our other recipes from restaurants such as Café Murano’s take on a pasta classic here, or Hawksmoor Air Street’s Potted Beef here. Or book yourself a table at one of our restaurants reopening their outdoor dining terraces from the 12th April, here.