Mother’s Day has evolved to have so many different meanings. There is no one size fits all - you may wish to commemorate your mother, a maternal influence, a plant-mum, a paw-rent or a loved one lost. This year may feel especially difficult for some, and we encourage approaching Mother’s Day in a thoughtful way. Read our guide below to marking 14th March with ideas from across the Regent Street and St James’s neighbourhood, no matter who you are celebrating:
From St James's...
- Aesop – for a dog-mum, the You & Your Dog duo is a lovely treat for two. The geranium body cleanser is a popular choice for Aesop shoppers, and we feel it’s about time that furry friends deserve similar attention.
- Aspinal of London – opt for a considerate touch for a plant-mum or a green-fingered friend with this Gardening notebook. It is perfect for scribbling notes and planning picnics in the sun in later months.
- Berry Bros. & Rudd – in the olden times it was nicknamed ‘Mothers’ Ruin’ but luckily today gin is having a popular revival. If you’re together with your maternal figure, break open a bottle of Berry Bros. & Rudd’s finest gin for a Gin & Tonic treat, or schedule a Zoom or FaceTime and share a drink together, remotely.
- Haymarket Hotel – spoiling from a distance isn’t always easy but a promise of an overnight getaway is on the horizon – so a gift voucher for a stay is sure to be a pleasing gift. You could opt to accompany this with the Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, coming in sizes for one, two or four as an additional treat.
- The Wolseley – show someone you care with a gift package. There is a Mother’s Day Breakfast (in bed, if someone is there to complete the gesture) or you can choose to welcome in the start of the new season with the Spring Gift box, complete with Butter Shortbread, Cognac Truffles and Cedarwood, Patchouli and Vetiver Candle.
From Regent Street...
- Bottletop – a 100% recycled PET scarf is an ideal item for transitioning into spring. Named after a lake in Finland, the Ruovesi Green can be worn as a headscarf, neckerchief or stylish additional to a well-loved bag.
- Breitling – the new sustainable watch box created entirely from upcycled plastic bottles is a luxurious gift with a good intention. The packaging reduces environmental impact with fewer materials and reduced transport-related CO2 emissions.
- L’Occitane – celebrate both Mother Nature and an eco-conscious loved one with L’Occitane’s latest offering. They will now refill favourites across 25 products – using 90% less packaging than buying totally new. We also recommend the Guide to Relaxing as a Working Mum by award-winning beauty journalist and stylist Tamara Corin for further inspiration.
- Mulberry – for a really luxurious yet considered choice, the Alexa in Chestnut is a ‘Sustainable Icon’ from Mulberry. The leather for this product was sourced from a tannery in Germany, a member of the Leather Working Group with a Gold Standard rating, and the bag itself was made by Mulberry craftspeople in their carbon neutral factories in Somerset.
Looking for something more tailored? You can also seek expert advice for gifting or styling via our Virtual Appointments Guide here – with access to a number of leading London retailers to meet your needs.